* Deals hand picked by WeTheParents editors
In this guide:
The Tula Ergonomic Standard carrier and the LILLEbaby All Seasons are both trusted carriers that have some very similar features, which can leave moms struggling to decide between the two.
Knowing the facts is essential when deciding on on which type of carrier is right for you and your baby, so I took a closer peek at both the Tula Standard and the LILLEbaby All Seasons to give you the side by side info you need to make the choice that’s right for your family.
Side by Side Comparison
|Tula Ergonomic Carrier||LILLEbaby All Seasons Carrier|
|Price:||Check price||Check price|
|Weight Limit:||15 - 45 lbs||7 - 45 lbs|
|Carrying Positions:||Front inward facing carry, back carry||Front inward facing carry, front outward facing carry, hip carry, back carry|
|Material:||100% cotton canvas||100% cotton and breathable 3D mesh|
|Washing Instructions:||Spot clean as necessary with mild soap, a soft cloth and warm water; when necessary, machine wash in cold water on the delicate cycle with mild detergent and air dry||Machine was in cold water on delicate cycle with mild detergent, air dry|
|Requires Infant Insert:||Yes, for babies between 8-15 lbs||χ|
Tula Ergonomic Carrier(A Quick Overview)
Made in Poland, Tula Standard carriers (check price on Amazon) are cute and sturdy with features moms love. The carrier features an ergonomic M shaped seat that’s great for baby’s spine and hips, and your baby can breastfeed easily in the Tula Standard.
A cotton hood offers discretion and comfort when baby is breastfeeding or sleeping, and a convenient storage pocket on the front of the carrier allows you to stash your on the go essentials with ease. Baby can be carried in front inward facing and rear positions, and the carrier is simple to adjust and use.
- Ergonomic M shaped seat is excellent for baby’s ongoing skeletal development
- Baby can breastfeed easily in the carrier
- A privacy and weather hood offers discretion when breastfeeding, peace when sleeping and protection from sun and rain
- A convenient storage pocket allows the wearer to stash important items
- The carrier doesn’t offer a ton of lumbar support, so your back may start to hurt during long periods of babywearing
- There’s no temperature control, so on a hot day, your baby might get uncomfortable
- Front outward carry and hip carry aren’t safe options with the Tula, which can be limiting for moms and babies who prefer these carrying positions
- The standard carrier can’t accommodate infants without an insert, which is sold separately and allows the carrier to accommodate babies from 8 – 15 lbs
- Ergonomic M Shaped Seat
The seat on the Tula carrier is one of its most notable features, as the M shaped ergonomic seat offers excellent support to babies during a crucial period in their skeletal development. It’s a certified Hip Healthy carrier that’s ergonomically sound for your baby, which assists in the avoidance of hip dysplasia and other serious and lasting medical problems.
- Convenient Breastfeeding, Discreet Privacy Hood
When you’re wearing your baby for long periods of time, a carrier that allows you to breastfeed your child in a way that’s comfortable for them and discreet for you is essential. The Tula Standard allows baby to breastfeed with ease, and a soft cotton privacy hood gives mom some privacy. The hood is also great to keep baby snug and cozy when they’re asleep, and to protect their delicate skin from strong sunlight or precipitation.
- Useful Storage Pocket for Stashing Essentials
A carrier with a pocket can make life a lot easier by giving you somewhere to stash your car keys, credit card or any other small objects you need to keep track of. It’s the perfect size for a snack for your baby, a good spot to keep your cell phone safe but handy and a great place to put that change from your iced coffee run that keeps falling out of your pocket and eventually taking residence between your car seats.
What Makes the Tula Ergonomic Carrier Better Than the LILLEbaby All Seasons Carrier?
- The Tula Standard is a pretty easy carrier to adjust, while some of the only issues with the LILLEbaby revolve around difficulty of adjustment
- The ergonomic m shaped seat for baby is unique to Tula and has ongoing benefits for your baby and toddler
- Check parent reviews on Amazon
LILLEbaby All Seasons(A Quick Overview)
The LILLEbaby All Seasons (check price on Amazon) is a carrier parents love because it’s sturdy, offers 4 carrying positions and has a handy mesh temperature control panel to help keep baby comfortable on hot days. It has excellent lumbar support and a fit that can be customized for a wide range of sizes.
It features a privacy and weather hood as well as safe and comfortable breastfeeding, and a useful storage pocket rounds out the carrier by giving parents a spot to stash their needed items.
- Offers carrying in four positions – front inward facing carry, front outward facing carry, hip carry, back carry
- Excellent lumbar support means wearing baby for long periods stays comfortable
- A breathable 3D mesh temperature control panel can be zipped up or down to keep baby comfortable depending on the weather
- Breastfeeding is easy in the carrier and made discreet by the use of a privacy hood which also offers weather protection and keeps sleep cozy
- Convenient storage pocket offers wearers somewhere safe to stash things
- The All Seasons may feel bulky on very petite wearers
- It can be difficult to get baby into back carry with this carrier without assistance
- The storage pocket on the carrier can be difficult to access when baby is in front outward facing carry position
- Breathable 3D Mesh Temperature Control Panel
One of the standout features on this carrier, a breathable 3D mesh on the front of the unit can be zipped down to allow extra ventilation for baby on hot days. This can be a lifesaver when taking your baby out of the carrier simply isn’t an option, because a hot baby is a cranky baby. A hot baby is also a sweaty baby, so when they’re getting a little more air, you feel a little less like you’re cuddling a space heater.
- Excellent Lumbar Support
The LILLEbaby All Seasons provides excellent lumbar support through the use of a wide ergonomic waistband that helps to distribute baby’s weight evenly throughout your hips and back in order to prevent back strain. Carriers that don’t have ergonomic features for wearers often result in pain and eventual muscle strain/injury, and it’s important to always pick baby gear that’s healthy for your body. Notably, the carrier is also certified Hip Healthy, so your baby’s getting ergonomic benefits here too.
- Customizable Fit
One great thing about this carrier is how versatile it is when it comes to wearer size. It can adjust for a variety of heights and weights, which means sharing a carrier is super simple and you can save on money and space. While very petite wearers might feel a little oversaddled, almost every other body type will feel comfortable in the All Seasons.
What Makes the LILLEbaby All Seasons Carrier Better Than the Tula Ergonomic Carrier?
- The LILLEbaby All Seasons offers front outward facing carry and hip carry, two positions many wearers prefer for older kids, but the Tula Ergonomic does not
- The All Seasons does not require an infant insert to accommodate newborns, but the Tula Standard does, and you have to buy it separately
- The temperature control panel on the All Seasons offers additional versatility to the carrier in outdoor situations
- Exceptional lumbar support means most people can use the LILLEbaby for prolonged periods without pain, a place where Tula struggles
- Check parent reviews on Amazon
Which Carrier is Right For You?
While these are both strong carriers, it’s my personal feeling that the LILLEbaby (check price on Amazon) pulls ahead for a few reasons. I like the easy breastfeeding, discreet hood and storage that it shares with the Tula, but the breathable temperature control panel, lumbar support and easy wearer sharing set it apart. Of course, my choice might not be yours, and that’s perfectly natural! Your choice should reflect the needs of you and your baby. Now that you’ve had a chance to compare these two great carriers side by side, you’re one step closer to picking the right one for you.