The Tula Ergonomic Standard Carrier and the LILLEbaby All Seasons are both trusted carriers that have some very similar features, which can sometimes leave moms struggling to decide between the two.
Knowing the facts is essential when deciding on which type of carrier is right for you and your baby, so I took a closer peek at both the Tula Standard and the LILLEbaby All Seasons to help you make a choice that’s right for your family.
In this article:
Side by side comparison
|Tula Ergonomic Carrier||LILLEbaby All Seasons Carrier|
|Price:||Check price||Check price|
|Weight Limit:||15 - 45 lbs||7 - 45 lbs|
|Carrying Positions:||Front inward facing carry, back carry||Front inward facing carry, front outward facing carry, hip carry, back carry|
|Material:||100% cotton canvas||100% cotton and breathable 3D mesh|
|Washing Instructions:||Spot clean as necessary with mild soap, a soft cloth and warm water; when necessary, machine wash in cold water on the delicate cycle with mild detergent and air dry||Machine was in cold water on delicate cycle with mild detergent, air dry|
|Requires Infant Insert:||Yes, for babies between 8-15 lbs||χ|
Tula Ergonomic Carrier: A quick overview
Made in Poland, Tula Standard Carriers (check price on Amazon) are cute and sturdy with features moms love.
This carrier features an ergonomic M-shaped seat that’s ideal for your baby’s spine and hips; plus your baby can breastfeed easily in the Tula Standard.
A cotton hood offers discretion and comfort when baby while baby breastfeeds or sleeps, and a convenient storage pocket on the front allows you to stash your on-the-go essentials with ease.
Baby can be carried in front, inward-facing, and rear positions, while the carrier is simple to adjust and use.
- Ergonomic M-shaped seat is excellent for baby’s ongoing skeletal development
- Baby can breastfeed easily in the carrier
- A privacy and weather hood offers discretion while breastfeeding, peace while sleeping, and protection from sun and rain
- A convenient storage pocket allows the wearer to stash important items
- The carrier doesn’t offer much lumbar support, so your back may start to hurt during long periods of babywearing
- There’s no temperature control, so, on a hot day, your baby might feel uncomfortable
- Front outward carry and hip carry aren’t safe options with the Tula, which can be limiting for moms and babies who prefer these carrying positions
- The standard carrier can’t accommodate infants without an insert, which is sold separately, allowing the carrier to accommodate babies from 8 – 15 lbs
- Ergonomic M-shaped seat: The seat on the Tula carrier is one of its most notable features, as the M-shaped ergonomic seat offers excellent support to babies during that crucial period of their skeletal development. It’s a certified Hip Healthy carrier that’s ergonomically sound for your baby, while ensuring the avoidance of hip dysplasia and other serious, lasting medical problems.
- Convenient breastfeeding, discreet privacy hood: When you’re wearing your baby for long periods, a carrier that lets you breastfeed your child in a way that’s comfortable for them, and discreet for you, is essential. The Tula Standard allows baby to breastfeed easily, and a soft-cotton privacy hood gives mom some privacy. The hood is also ideal for keeping baby snug and cozy while asleep, protecting their delicate skin from strong sunlight or precipitation.
- Useful storage pocket for stashing essentials: A carrier with a pocket can make life a lot easier by giving you somewhere to stash your car keys, credit card and any other small objects you need to keep track of. It’s the perfect size for a snack for your baby, a good spot to keep your cell phone safe, and a great place to put that change from your iced coffee-run that keeps falling out of your pocket and between your car seats.
What makes the Tula Ergonomic Carrier better than the LILLEbaby All Seasons Carrier?
- The Tula Standard Carrier is easy to adjust, while some issues with the LILLEbaby revolve around difficulties in adjustment
- The ergonomic, M-shaped seat is unique to Tula, with its ongoing benefits for your baby and toddler
LILLEbaby All Seasons: A quick overview
The LILLEbaby All Seasons (check price on Amazon) is a carrier parents love because it’s sturdy, offers four carrying positions and has a handy, mesh temperature-control panel that helps keep your baby comfortable on hot days.
It has excellent lumbar support and a fit that can be adjusted for a wide range of sizes. It features a privacy and weather hood for safe, comfortable, breastfeeding, and a useful storage pocket that provides parents a place to stash things.
- Offers carrying in four positions — front-inward facing carry, front-outward facing carry, hip carry, back carry
- Excellent lumbar support means you can carry baby for long periods and remain comfortable
- A breathable, 3D mesh temperature-control panel can be zipped up or down to keep baby comfortable, depending on the weather
- Breastfeeding is simple and discreet with this carrier due to its privacy hood, offering both weather protection and a cozy sleep!
- Convenient storage pocket offers wearers somewhere safe to stash things
- The All Seasons can feel bulky for small-size users
- Can be difficult to place the baby into back carry without assistance
- The storage pocket on the carrier can be hard to access when baby is in front-outward facing carry position
- Breathable, 3D mesh temperature control panel: One of the standout features on this carrier, a breathable 3D mesh on the front of the unit, can be zipped down to allow extra ventilation for baby on hot days. This can be a lifesaver if removing your baby from the carrier isn’t an option, as a hot baby is a cranky baby. A hot baby also means a sweaty baby, so, if they’re getting more air, it won’t feel like you’re cuddling a space heater!
- Excellent lumbar support: The LILLEbaby All Seasons provides excellent lumbar support through the use of a wide ergonomic waistband that helps distribute the baby’s weight evenly throughout your hips and back, thus preventing back strain. Carriers that lack these ergonomic features often result in pain and, eventually, muscle strain or injury, so it’s important to always pick baby gear that’s healthy for your own body. Notably, the carrier is also certified Hip Healthy, so your baby’s getting ergonomic benefits here too.
- Adjustable fit: Another great feature of this carrier is its’ versatile ‘wearer’ size. It adjusts to a variety of heights and weights, so sharing this carrier with the baby’s dad (or other caregivers) is easy, while you’ll also save money and space. While smaller users might feel a bit over-saddled, all other body-types will find the All Seasons an extremely comfortable fit.
Related: The Best Twin Carriers Of 2021
What makes the Lillebaby All Seasons Carrier better than the Tula Ergonomic Carrier?
- Unlike the Tula Ergonomic, the LILLEbaby All Seasons offers front-outward facing carry and hip carry, two positions many wearers prefer for older kids
- The All Seasons does not require an infant insert to accommodate newborns, unlike the Tula Standard, (and you have to buy it separately)
- The temperature control panel on the All Seasons offers additional versatility to the carrier while outdoors
- Exceptional lumbar support means that most users can use the LILLEbaby for prolonged, pain-free periods, unlike the Tula
Which carrier is right for you?
While these are both versatile carriers, I personally prefer the LILLEbaby (check price on Amazon) for a number of reasons.
While I like the easy breastfeeding, discreet hood, and storage that it shares with the Tula, its breathable, temperature-control panel, lumbar support and easy-to-wear sharing set it apart.
Of course, my choice may differ from yours, that’s perfectly natural! Let your choice reflect the needs of yourself and your baby.
Now you’ve had a chance to compare these two great carriers side by side, you’ll hopefully be a step closer to deciding what’s right for you.