Choosing baby names with positive associations is a popular concept the world over; within Hindu astrology, your baby’s birth date informs which names are thought to attract positive vibrations and shape a child’s mind and thoughts. If you’re due in late March or early April — under the Mesa zodiac sign in Hindu astrology, or the Aries sign in Western astrology — the prefix Che- is considered to be an auspicious choice when naming your baby.
Looking for a Che name for your little boy? Let’s dive in!
Che names and Vedic astrology
In Hindu or Vedic astrology, babies born between March 21st and April 19th are born under the zodiac sign Mesa (also spelled Mesha). Mesa, like its Western counterpart Aries, is represented by a ram; this similarity is thought by scholars to indicate a mutual Hellenistic influence shared by the two astrological traditions, though this point is hotly debated by those who believe Vedic astrology, also called Jyotisha, was born independently of cross-cultural influence.
Babies born under the Mesa zodiac sign are thought to possess confidence and boldness. Highly independent and idealistic, they are said to be driven to meet their goals by their passion for success and their naturally competitive nature.
Other names thought to be best for Mesa babies are those beginning with A and L
Hindu male baby names
- Chedi – That which cuts and breaks; leader; charming or wise one; King; a founder of the Chedi dynasty
- Chelan – Consciousness; deep waterCheliyan -One who is resourceful
- Chellakili – A well-loved parrot
- Chellamani – Precious gem
- Chellamuthu – Precious pearl
- Chellappan – A child who has been brought up delicately
- Chelliyan – A name which refers to the Kings who reigned during the Pandiya Dynasty
- Chellvan – A man of wealth
- Cheluva – One who is handsome
- Chennilavan – The one who inhabits the red moon
- Cheralathan – A king who reigned during the Chera Dynasty
- Cheramaan – A king who reigned during the Chera Dynasty
- Cheran – A king who reigned during the Chera Dynasty
- Cheranan – Taken from the name of the Chera, now Kerala, country
- Chetak – The name of Rana Pratap’s horse; pensive; thoughtful; speedy
- Chetan – Wisdom; perception; life; consciousness, vigor
- Chetanaanand – Supreme joy
- Chevatkodiyon – One whose battle flag has a rooster; may also refer to Lord Murugan
- Chezhiyan – Referring to a king who reigned during the Pandiya dynasty
- Chethan – Wisdom; perception; life; consciousness, vigor
- Cheranraj – Life
- Chervik – Validation