For parents seeking a name inspired by the traditions of Vedic astrology, that all-important birthday makes all the difference. Each Vedic astrological sign is considered to be associated with a set of letters or syllables which, when beginning a new baby’s name, instill positivity to both their life and their thoughts.
In the Vedic astrological tradition, babies who arrive between January 20th and February 18th are born under the Kumbha astrological sign; in the Western tradition, babies born during this time are considered to have the Aquarius sun sign. The prefix Sai- is considered to have positive vibrations for Kumbha babies, making Sai names a popular choice for babies born during this window.
Looking for a great Sai name for your Kumbha boy? Let’s dig in.
Sai names and Vedic astrology
According to Vedic astrology, babies born between 1/20 and 2/18 possess the Kumbha zodiac sign. Much like its Western counterpart, Kumbha is represented by the “water bearer”, often illustrated simply by water. The close similarities between the two astrological traditions may be attributed to shared Hellenic influence through the years, though some Indian astrological scholars argue the potential for Hindu astrology, or Jyotisha, to have developed on its own.
People born under the Kumbha zodiac sign are thought to take pride in their individualism, often driven by a sense of self-possession. Fiercely independent, Kumbha children still find success in social settings, often having the confidence to take initiative and lead others.
The meanings of Sai names are frequently associated with Sai Baba, an Indian spiritual master. Sai Baba was considered to be a manifestation of Sri Dattaguru, a lord of Yoga also known as Dattatreya or Lord Datta.
Other names considered to offer positive vibrations to Kumbha babies include those beginning with Da, Ge, Go, Se, and So.
Male baby names
- Sai – The flower of love; always smiling
- Saif – Happy; caring; sword or saber
- Sailu – A home in the mountains
- Saini – A caste within the Hindu concept of Dharma
- Saint – A person who is virtuous, kind, and patient
- Saish – Another name for Lord Shiva; saintly
- Saibal – A name for the Lord
- Saibya – One who belongs to Lord Shiva
- Saidas – A servant of God
- Saidev – God’s gift, a winner in life
- Saiesh – A devotee of Sai Baba; blessing
- Saifee – The sword of God or things concerning the sword of God
- Saihaj – A patient, soft, peaceful, gentle person
- Saihir – A diamond belong to Lord Sai
- Saikat – Made of sand; beach
- Saiman – The king of the mountains
- Saimon – God has heard
- Sairaj – The Kingdom of Sai Baba
- Sairam – The blessing of Sai Baba; referring to God
- Saitej – The light of the Divine/God