Parents seeking a name thought to attract positive vibrations into their baby’s life may wish to consider following Vedic astrological tradition, which offers a unique set of guidelines in choosing a moniker. Each sign in the Hindu zodiac is associated with a grouping of letters or syllables which, when beginning a baby’s name, are considered to attract positivity and encourage fitness of mind.
If your little one arrives between November 22nd and December 21st, they’ll be considered a Dhanu baby — in Western astrology, they’d be a Sagittarius. Names which begin with Dha are among those considered to attract positivity into the lives of Dhanu babies.
Ready to find a sweet Dha name for your little girl? Let’s read on.
Dha names and vedic astrology
Within the traditions of Jyotisha, or Vedic/Hindu astrology, babies born between 1/20 and 2/18 fall under the zodiac sign of Dhanu. Dhanu’s representation is similar but not exactly the same as its Western counterpart, Sagittarius; the former is represented by a bow alone, while the latter is represented by an archer. Scholars are unsure of the true origin of these similarities, though some believe shared influence from Hellenic astrology played a role.
Babies born under the sign of Dhanu are said to be free-spirited people who place a high value on freedom, often loving travel and remaining on the move as much as possible. They are considered to possess significant intellectual curiosity and a philosophical nature, but maintain a sense of humor that positively influences their social success.
Other names considered to attract positivity for Dhanu babies include those beginning with Bh, Ph, Ta, Ye, and Yo.
- Dhanu – Referring to the zodiac sign Dhanu or Sagittarius; a bow
- Dhara – Constant flow; the earth
- Dhaani – The color green; a pale shade of green
- Dhaara – Constant flow; the earth
- Dhanya – Blessed; grateful, greatness
- Dharma – The teachings of Buddha; firm law; decree; the path of life
- Dharas – God’s love; hope; Earth
- Dhairvi – Glowing bright like the sun; courage; patience
- Dhamani – Heartbeat; one of the swaras
- Dhamini – Focus; lightning or storm
- Dhanali – One who brings wealth
- Dhanya – Blessed; grateful; the giver of wealth
- Dhanyta – Good luck; fulfillment; success; money
- Dharani – Bearing; success; Earth
- Dhavana – A fragrant, leafy herb with holy uses