Vedic astrology, a belief system rooted in Hindu traditions, offers new parents an extra bit of inspiration in choosing a name; within the tradition, baby’s birth date and resulting zodiac sign determine what names are considered to encourage positive vibrations and shape baby’s thoughts in a positive way.
Little ones who arrive between May 21st and June 21st are born under the Mithuna zodiac sign per Hindu astrology; in Western astrology, this is known as the Gemini sun sign. Names beginning with the Kaa- prefix are considered auspicious choices for Mithuna babies, so we’ve taken a look at some great Kaa names for your baby boy and provided a closer look into the connection between baby names and Vedic astrology.
Let’s read on.
Kaa names and Vedic astrology
Within the Vedic astrological tradition, babies born between 5/21 and 6/21 fall under the Mithuna zodiac sign. Mithuna is represented by twins, as is the Western astrological sign Gemini which spans the same dates; while some scholars consider this to be a likely byproduct of inspiration from Hellenic astrology, others feel there’s a chance Vedic astrology originated without that influence.
Babies born under the Mithuna sign are thought to be clever and quick-witted, having little trouble adapting even to adverse circumstances. Naturally adept at communicating, Mithuna children are suggested to have great charisma and charm as well as advanced ability to articulate thoughts and feelings.
Other names considered to offer positive vibrations to Mithuna babies include those beginning with A, H, Gh, Ke, and Ko.
Hindu male names starting with Kaa
- Kaabir – One who is powerful and great
- Kaalappan – A part of a body
- Kaalindi – Referring to the River Yamuna
- Kaaliya – A massive serpent
- Kaalki – Referring to Lord Narayana
- Kaam – Work or effort
- Kaamaari – An enemy of Deva; the son of kings
- Kaamendra – A name of God; the father of time
- Kaamil – Accomplished; perfect; complete
- Kaamna – Desire
- Kaamran – Success and good fortune
- Kaanan – Forest
- Kaanhaa – A baby name referring to the God Krishna
- Kaapalin – A name of Lord Shiva
- Kaarik – Star
- Kaarmuligan – A cloud that bears rain
- Kaarmuhilan – A cloud that bears rain
- Kaarti – Within Hinduism, a period of one year
- Kaartik – The name of Shiva’s elder son
- Kaartikey – Another name of Lord Murugan, the son of Shiva and Parvati
- Kaartikeya – Another name of Lord Murugan, the son of Shiva and Parvati
- Kaarunith – Lord of Mercy
- Kaarvannan – Referring to a name of Lord Krishna
- Kaarya – A wise and/or soft spoken man
- Kaasar – One who makes bangles